1. Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
2. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT
1. The Iowa Senior Games 10K and Summer Iowa Games 20K will be separate races using the same course. The Iowa Senior Games will be a 10K course with a turnaround at the 5K mark. Participants may ride the 5K only, but 10K participants will be given a 5K time as well. Awards will be given for both the 5K and 10K races. 2023 Summer Iowa Games Add-on: If you wish to ride the 20K time trial, you can add this event for $15 during registration.
2. Starting times for the time trials will be at equal intervals, usually one minute, but no less than 30 seconds. No allowances will be made for mechanical or other mishaps.
3. If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only to the extent that in the judgment of the officials it does not interfere with other riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed starting time shall be used in computing results.
4. Pre-registered start times will be posted at the race check-in site at 7:30 a.m.
All riders are must understand and follow rules of the road as would be expected of anyone owning a valid driver’s license. All riders must have signed the Liability Waiver prior to competing in the events.
The road where competition will take place are monitored by Story County Sheriffs prior to and during the competition. Be aware that the road is open to vehicular traffic during this time.
To view if you are also added into the Summer Iowa Games event, click HERE.
1. All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S. Cycling Federation (USCF) rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write or call:
One Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
2. Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA regulations.
3. Multigear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and recumbent bicycles are not permitted. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
4. There may be no protective shield, faring or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chainwheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USCF.
5. Handlebars used for steering with ends, features, or attachments that extend forward or upward or that provide support for other than the rider’s hands (including aerobars) are permitted only in time trial events, not in road race events.
6. If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
7. In time trial events, the rider may be held by an official at the start but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
8. Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
9. In time trial events, no rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
10. No restarts are permitted