1. All races will be run as timed finals. Those requiring heats will be run in randomly drawn heats.
2. In case of a tie TAC rules governing ties shall apply.
3. Two false starts by an individual disqualifies him/her from that competition.
4. Maximum spike length shall be 1/4″.
5. Age divisions may be grouped for convenience of running the meet but awards will be given for place within your own age group.
6. If any participant is physically aided by another person during an event he/she shall be disqualified.
7. The Local Organizing Committee shall provide certified implements for all events and age groups. In addition, athletes shall be permitted to use their own implements, provided they have been certified by the Track & Field Committee. Athletes who wish to use their own implements shall agree to all certification procedures including but not limited to marking, impounding, etc. Any implement certified and used in competition must be made available to any of the competitors.
8. Shoes must comply with USATF Rule 71.
1. For track events, the number of heats will be determined based on the number of entries.
2. The 1500-meters will be a timed final event.
2021 Western Iowa Senior Challenge Track & Field Schedule CLICK HERE for Lane assignments. **Note: Late entries may not be included on these sheets.
8:30-9:30 a.m. | ALL AGES | High Jump / Javelin
9:30-10:30 a.m. | ALL AGES | Discus / Shot Put
10:30-11:30 a.m. | ALL AGES | Long Jump (Standing & Running), Triple Jump
11:30 a.m. | 100 M Dash
11:45 a.m. | 1,500M Run
12:15 p.m. | 400M Run
12:45 p.m. | 1,500M Race Walk
1:15 p.m. | 50M Dash
1:30 p.m. | 800M Run
1:45 p.m. | 200M Dash
CLICK TO VIEW THE ENTRANT LIST
1. This meet will be conducted in accordance with USA Track & Field rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write or call:
USA Track & Field
One RCA Dome Suite 140
Indianapolis, IN 46225
(317) 261-0478 www.usatf.org
1. Each contestant gets three attempts (trials) in each event. Only one fair trial is required to place.
2. Trials shall be taken in order listed on sheet. Failure to take trial when called will result in pass (failure). Only exceptions are those who request to be excused for 10 minutes only to participate in another event.
– Shot Put: Touching ground outside of circle or top of toe board outside of circle or failure to leave by back half of circle.
– Discus: Touching ground outside of circle or failure to leave by back half of circle.
– Long Jump: Any part of takeoff foot/feet extending beyond plane of scratch line.
– Standing Jump: Any part of takeoff foot/feet extending beyond plane of scratch line.
– Triple Jump: Any part of takeoff foot/feet extending beyond plane of scratch line.
4. Measure each trial in long jump/standing/triple jump. In shot and discus, each throw may be measured or marked with flags and measured in groups as determined by officials.
5. In the event of a tie, the second best throw or jump will determine the winner as per USATF rules.
Weights of implements for age divisions of throwing events: