5-Year Age Brackets (i.e. 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69…)
1. The age division of competition for doubles will be determined by the lower age of the two partners.
2. Competition Balls will be supplied.
3. Athletes must provide their own racquets and practice balls.
4. Players are encouraged to provide a USTA player rating, if one is available. This rating will help seed the brackets.
5. In case of rain, play will be rescheduled if possible. Players should check at the courts or at the information desk for the revised schedule.
1. The Format may be adjusted because of entries within an age bracket. The preferred tournament format will be single elimination with a consolation bracket for first round losers.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with United States Tennis Association (USTA) rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write or call:
United States Tennis Association
70 West Red Oak Lane
White Plains, NY 10604
2. Warm-up will be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes.
3. If an athlete has a conflict with another sport, the tennis match will NOT be held up. You may have to choose which sport you are going to compete in. A 15 minute default time will be strictly enforced.
4. Matches will be the best 2 of 3 sets. Regular scoring will be used unless all participants in a given match decide on a no-add system.
5. There will be a one-minute break every two games.
6. If an athlete is entered in more than one tennis event, a situation may arise wherein he/she will have to play more than the USTA-recommended number of matches in any given day. However, it is the responsibility of the athlete to make conflicts known to the Competition Manager with sufficient time in order to reschedule or withdraw.
7. Ties will be broken using a “super” tie-breaker.
8. Tournament Director has the right to make adjustments in the schedule due to weather or outside agents.